DEFINING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (EI)
Emotional intelligence is defined as “a set of emotional and social skills that influence the way we perceive and express ourselves, develop and maintain social relationships, cope with challenges, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.”
WHY EI IS IMPORTANT?
While emotional intelligence isn’t the sole predictor of human performance and development potential, it is proven to be a key indicator in these areas. Emotional intelligence is also not a static factor — to the contrary, one’s emotional intelligence can change over time and can be developed in targeted areas.
Applications of emotional intelligence include:
• Leadership Development
• Organizational Development
• Executive Coaching
• Team Building
• Student Development
THE EQ-i2.0® MODEL
The EQ-i 2.0 features one overarching EI score (Total EI), broken down into five composite scores which measure
five distinct aspects of emotional and social functioning. These in turn, are broken down into a total of 15 subscales.
A Well-Being Indicator that measures the client’s level of happiness; resulting in additional development opportunities.
The measured scales are:
Intra-personal, Self expression, Interpersonal Relations, Decision Making and Stress Management.
The availability of this information allows the practitioner to gain an understanding of their strengths and areas for
improvement in emotional terms, in order that they can put in place action plans for development in the most critical areas.
BECOME A CERTIFIED
EQ-i 2.0 ASSESSOR
NLP Business Institute is a Certifying Centre of Multi Health System (MHS) to provide certification training in licensing individuals inside or outside the organizations in using the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 assessment tools.
An approved programme by the International Coach Federation for the following CCE credits: Core Competencies 9.25 & Resource Development 6.75
Why Get Certified in the EQ-i 2.0/EQ 360?
• Give yourself a unique competitive advantage.
• Access to the EQ-i 2.0 and the EQ360 Level B instruments that are well respected in the market and leading-edge assessments to add to your toolkit.
• Grow your business by using the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 as catalysts for building your client development action plan
• Diversify your practice by using the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 in a variety of ways: leadership development, selection, executive coaching and much, much more.
What Does Certification Include?
• Access to resources on the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 and emotional intelligence in general.
• Free tokens to use after you get certified.
• A free online account where you administer and score the assessments.
• Ability to take the EQ-i 2.0 yourself if you wish to and get feedback from an experienced coach.
• A certificate that authorizes you to purchase and administer the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360.
Certification course details:
EQ-i 2.0/EQ 360 Certification Program Components
• A blended learning solution that enables you to do parts of the certification online, saving you time and travel costs
• A 2 day interactive in-class portion focused on building the skills you need in order to use the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 with confidence
• A virtual classroom where you access eLearning pre-work as well as the online exam
The 2-day certification in the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 is offered in a blended format consisting of eLearning and in-class or webinar components.
WE DO IT FOR YOU
With more than 15 years of experience, working in various multinational companies in the field of personal development,
our consultants can assess your personnel using the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ-360 assessment tools so that you can identify areas of development, in order to achieve excellent performance.
We are specialized in assessing:
• Candidates for new available roles or promotions
• Key performers in your organization that are ready to take the next step inside the company.
• Individual contributors and leaders that wish to work on their personal development plan.
• Teams and groups with the purpose of enhancing communication and overall performance.
The assessments is an easy and effective way to develop talent inside your organization and it can also be included as a part of your annual or quarterly performance evaluation programmes.
CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS!
• Leadership Report: The Leadership report will help you bring emotional intelligence into the practice of coaching to develop better leaders. Closely related concepts, EI and leadership are integrated into this one report where your client’s EQ-i 2.0 results are discussed in relation to important leadership competencies. Based on data collected from 200 successful leaders (senior managers to C-level executives), your client’s results are not only shown against this comparison group but key relationships between EQ-i 2.0 subscales and leadership outcomes will be discussed. The new Leadership Report will have customization features that include turning scores on and off as well as choosing to include personal development worksheets. You will receive a coach and client report that can be used to help with leadership assessment, leadership placement, training of leadership skills, and understanding potential derails to success.
• Workplace Report: The Workplace Report is designed for use in a wide variety of coaching and development situations and work settings. It focuses on the impact of emotional intelligence at work and offers suggestions for working with colleagues, supervisors, and clients. In recruiting, this report is useful when using scores to guide the selection of follow-up interview questions, and in identifying potential training and development needs.
• Group Report: The EQ-i® 2.0 Group Report combines the EQ-i 2.0 scores of individuals in a manner that allows you to make interpretations at the group or team level. This report presents an overview of group results that identifies group strengths as well as the areas where the group as a whole can be more effective. Furthermore, the EQ-i 2.0 Group Report discusses the organizational implications of a group’s emotional intelligence (EI) score and recommends strategies for action that can further develop the group’s potential.
• Report EQ360: The Workplace EQ 360 Report includes not only the feedback of all the ratters, but also the feedback of the participant — all in one consolidated report in both and client and coach’s version. This saves the participant time and effort in working through multiple reports, and it allows for better comparison and understanding of the feedback received. Reports are structured in a very clear and linear manner that is easy to follow and reference — making the Workplace EQ 360 an entirely positive user experience for both the client and the administrator.